3D mode switching

Postby mautilus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi,

Do you plan to allow switching the TV to the 3D mode automatically? Let
mautilus

3D mode switching

Hi,

Do you plan to allow switching the TV to the 3D mode automatically? Lets assume the OTT which has the section with 3D movies only. Videos are streamed in side-by-side or top-bottom mode. In the ideal situation either TV itself or via the application and API instructs the player to make composition from both images, which will not force users using the remote control and setting the TV mode manually.

BR
STeN
mautilus

Re: 3D mode switching

Postby Specs_STA » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi,

TVs automatically switch to the correct 3D mode based on H.264 SEI signalling. In case that signalling is not present, the user can manually select the correct mode.

Thanks for the question.

STA
Specs_STA

Hi,

Many thanks for clarification. Is using of the SEI FPA information the mandatory STA requirement? I did not see that in the 2.0 specification.

Additional issue I have seen in practice was that this information is not filled or used video during the encoding - but I agree that this is a content producer problem. The reason I am asking is that I was solving exactly problem not so far (The OTT solution had a \"3D\" movie category) on Samsung and Philips TVs and i was wondering how that will work on STA compliant devices.

Regards,
STeN
mautilus

Postby Specs_STA » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi,

TVs automatically switch to the correct 3D mode based on H.264 SEI signalling. In case that signalling is not present, the user can manually select the correct mode.

Thanks for the question.

STA
Specs_STA

Postby mautilus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for clarification. Is using of the SEI FPA information the mandatory STA requirement? I did not see that in the 2.0 specification.

Additional issue I have seen in practice was that this information is not filled or used video during the encoding - but I agree that this is a content producer problem. The reason I am asking is that I was solving exactly problem not so far (The OTT solution had a "3D" movie category) on Samsung and Philips TVs and i was wondering how that will work on STA compliant devices.

Regards,
STeN
mautilus

Return to Specification questions